Wednesday 4 January 2012

Windows 8...all about likes and dislikes












  • Installed easy and recognized all of my hardware with no problems,low on resource consumption.  
  • I like native ISO mounting, the restyled Task Manager, and picture passwords.
  • I like metro UI. It’s very different from Win7 in how it uses the screen. It takes a while to get used to. After you do, WOW.  
  • Downloaded and installed the 3.6 GB 64 bit version and am pleasantly surprised with how stable it is.
  • Installed on and old (3 years) Lenovo laptop amd 2 core with 3 GB ram that I usually use for messing about with Linux Mint. 
  • Have installed Firefox etc, Win 7/Vista Samsung laser printer drivers work and PaintShopPro 9.1 does as well. (I know, old fashioned or what but I like that program. does everything I need). 
  • Definitely runs faster than Win 7 at the moment apart from the disappointingly longish boot time. At the moment nothing to dislike
  • I like the styling – especially the lock screen. The multitasking looks spectacular, and I'm amazed that the system requirements are actually lower than Windows 7. 
  • I'm really surprised that it is lighter on resources than 7. I also like the coding aspects (running HTML5 apps on the desktop).
  • The MetroUI is fab. Blows Ubuntu Unity out of contention. And it’s damn sexier than Lion.






  • The thing that I dislike about windows 8 is the starting & shutting down screen. It looks so plain with solid colours only.” “metro UI ,pc is pc not a tablet or smart phone.”
  • “This is a Tablet or Cell Phone OS. Certainly not useful for PC users. I miss my Search box and it took me a while to figure out how to shut down my PC from Windows. I do not like the new Control Panel, but it is good to see that we can access the old style one. I think I will pass on 8 and wait for 9. This could be just another Vista type of OS.
  • I don't like the style since I've seen on Windows Phone. But one operating system for all devices is a good idea.” “change my OS again? My old XP was fine (handling with care). More than 7 years without several problems (I'm an experienced user, not an end user). Vista was a disaster (bye bye more than 200$ upgrading my OS). 7 is like a charm (but 200$ more to upgrade my system). Why I should to change again after 2 years if 7 works pretty well for me? I tried W8 but… Why my face is near the clock on the task bar? I made something like this through a folder shortcut, nothing new here! 2 different desktops? Maybe this will OK on a table or phone but not fr PCs. If I want DesktopFX (and useful desktop instead the w8 headache) then I chose Ubuntu and not need to pay nothing to get an useful OS (also installed on my notebook since v5.10 and updated each 6 months without problems!). I'm not a Mac user but Lion is $29 only!!!
  • Do not like the new GUI! WIN 7 seems cleaner to me. “I like: style, low memory when in execution, and UI (User Interface) for desktops.
  • I dislike: the Metro, and think that the systems would be separated, one to desktop and other for Metro and Windows Phone.” Being that I recently purchased a touch screen PC I am excited about 8 being optimized for touch.  
  • “Are the people @ Microsoft out of their mind? They go asking people around to help them designing and further developing a brand new OS then collect the profits themselves. while others had been sweating their **** working for them!!!”
  • The new user interface is geared for tablet computers, and for tablet computers it is probably very good. But on my desktop PC I want my familiar desktop. If they can give this as a setting in windows 8, Great! else when windows 7 gets outdated I will very possibly go to Mac.
  • I’m not keen on the whole metro concept (at the moment) other than that I see no reason to upgrade from seven. I will need some convincing considering the state of our country [UK] when it comes to spending money. My attitude now is, If it is not broke why replace it. 


Finally...


I think most computers are still using Vista/XP ... some have just become proud owners of Windows 7 and most people will stay away from buying/upgrading to Windows 8.Even i have installed Windows 8 Developers Preview.I would suggest Microsoft should work on it for at least two years and present us another masterpiece just like Windows 7 .... Windows 8 may turn up to be something like Windows Vista.Microsoft should understand.....MONEY DOES NOT GROW ON TREES...and people can wait for Windows 9 or 10...It's no sense changing your OS every year.

Leave a Reply

 
 

About Me

I am a Harsh...from earth ...born to PARTY but forced to work :P